This qualification is suitable for learners holding a Level 2 qualification in Gym Instruction or equivalent who wish to progress to a career as a professional Personal Trainer on an employed or self-employed basis.
This qualification is mapped directly to:
The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) professional standards for a Personal Trainer
Learners will cover:
• Anatomy and physiology knowledge as applicable to personal training.
• Nutrition and its application to support a client’s health and physical activity programme
• Health and wellbeing and factors that affect this
• Effective communication during client consultations to promote and encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and long term change
• Designing and planning effective Personal Training sessions for a range of clients in different environments
• Executing effective physical activity sessions for a range of clients in different environments
• Professional practice and legal requirements for Personal Training
• Business acumen for working in both an employed role and for self-employment
• Self-evaluation and professional development
Share this course with someone you know...
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility. The Cornwall College Group reserves the right to withdraw any course listed at any time.