The aim of this qualification is to provide those learners who already possess a valid fitness instructor qualification with the additional knowledge; understanding and skills required to plan and instruct group circuit training sessions.
The content therefore reflects the competencies required to become a safe and effective group circuit training instructor.
As part of your course you will be required to carry out Work Experience and/or an Industry Placement. For more details please click here.
Share this course with someone you know...
Learners need to have achieved all of the following pre-requisite units:
- A/600/9017 - Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- H/600/9013 - Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- M/600/9015 - Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- T/600/9016 - Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
Ideally the Level 2 Instructing Fitness Instructor.
• Anatomy and physiology covering the heart and circulatory system, the respiratory system, structure and function of the skeleton, musculoskeletal system, postural and core stability, the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
• How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
• How to communicate with clients effectively and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
• An understanding of the benefits of a balanced diet and its contribution to a healthy lifestyle
• An understanding of the principles of customer service
• How to plan and prepare group circuit training sessions
• How to deliver group circuit training sessions
Learning from our highly qualified instructors in a friendly environment.
You can work as a fully qualified circuit instructor, offer classes within the organisation you work within or as a self-employed instructor.
You can progress onto the Level 3 certificate in Personal Training.
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility. The Cornwall College Group reserves the right to withdraw any course listed at any time.