This course is for those wanting to gain practical engineering skills.
Share this course with someone you know...
You have an interest in a career in the engineering industry and wish to learn the practical engineering skills to support this.
To enrol, you will need4 GCSEs with a minimum Grade D in Maths, Science and English.
Practical engineering skills including fitting/machining, welding/fabrication and communication skills.
You will cover the following:
- Working Safely in an Engineering Environment
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in Engineering
- Using and Communicating Technical Information.
- Producing Components Using Hand Fitting Techniques
- Preparing and Using Lathes for Turning Operations
- Producing Platework Components and Assemblies
Continue studying on a level 3 diploma or pursue a career within this sector.
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility. The Cornwall College Group reserves the right to withdraw any course listed at any time.