This programme is aimed at those who want to develop a creative solution orientated approach to business. You will have an interest in business improvement techniques, enterprise and value adding. This programme allows you to develop your critical knowledge and understanding of management and enterprise across all industrial sectors and public, private and social enterprises. The philosophy of the programme is to facilitate the development of modern managers, intrapreneurs and entrepreneurs through exposure to best practice.
You will cover a range of subjects from marketing and finance to management and international business. All modules are delivered by well qualified and experienced business experts and the degree is designed in co-operation with and with input from businesses and organisations, preparing you for your own personal success.
You will have the opportunity to conduct live consultancy work with local and national companies, to apply theoretical skills to practical situations and to develop your employability skills through enterprise. Your existing skills will be developed through a series of lectures, seminars and problem-based learning opportunities.
The more theoretical aspects of business studies will be contextualised into real-world business settings and you will be encouraged to nurture your problem-solving talents. We use a combination of case studies and live projects, meaning that you are as likely to be doing a project based around a real company as you are a fictitious case study. Most of the assessment is in the form of reports but we’ll also help you develop your presentation skills along the way.
Possible Progression (subject to availability)
– Chartered Management Institute qualifications at Camborne
– Chartered Institute of Marketing qualifications at Camborne
– Chartered Institute of Management Accountants at Camborne
– Doctor of Business Administration at Plymouth University
– MSc Business & Management at Plymouth University
– Postgraduate Certificate in Education
– Company Director or Manager
– Business or Economic Development Manager
– Human Resource or Retail Manager
– Marketing or Public Relations
– Set-Up Your Own Business
- UCAS Code: N210
- Institution codes: CORN C78
- Awarded by: Cornwall College & Plymouth University
64 UCAS points from AS and A-Levels (at least 48 points must be at A2-level) or relevant level 3 qualification, ie BTEC National Diploma / BTEC Extended Diploma - MPP Grades required (specific unit grades may be requested). Access to HE Diplomas in a relevant subject - 45 credits at level 3 (specific unit grades may be requested). Plus GCSEs at grade C/grade 4 or above in English Language and Mathematics: alternatives at Level 2 may be considered. Mature applicants with relevant experience but without the stated qualifications will be considered individually and are encouraged to apply.
Cornwall College Group has been awarded silver in Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)Find out more about TEF
Share this course with someone you know...
Indicative Module Year 1
- Business Environment
- Business Finance
- People Development & Leadership (Organisational Behaviour)
- Legal Environment
- Business Maths & Spreadsheets
- Personal & Employability Skills Development
Indicative Module Year 2
- Markets & Innovation
- International Business & Strategy
- Strategic Financial Management
- Introduction to HRM & Employment Law
- Applied Research
- Business Strategy
Indicative Module Year 3
- Enterprise Project
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Performance Management
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Consultancy Capstone
- Globalisation and Localisation
- Responsible Enterprise
- Environmental Sustainability and Economics
*Modules are subject to change and availability
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.
Careers advice available
If you are considering an undergraduate programme with us, you may wish to access our free Careers and Employability advice service. This gives you the opportunity to talk with an advisor about career options before, during and after your study with us. To make an appointment, please e-mail: H.E.Advice@cornwall.ac.uk
If you come into the International category (non EU*) and Channel Island (inc. Isle of Man) the tuition fee may vary – click here for full fee information