This is a follow on course from the AAT Level 3; you will learn finance team leader skills e.g. financial statements for limited companies, complex management accounting tasks, management skills and specialist learning areas.
Share this course with someone you know...
For anyone wishing to study advanced accounting and wanting to obtain an internationally recognised professional accounting qualification.
You will be required to have gained the Level 3 qualification prior to studying this course.
You will learn finance team leader skills e.g. financial statements for limited companies, complex management accounting tasks, management skills and specialist learning areas.
- Financial Statements of Limited Companies - This unit is concerned with competence in drafting and interpreting the financial statements of limited companies. It ensures that learners understand what information is required to be provided, how it is to be presented to users of the financial statements and how the rules and principles established in IFRS apply to the process of drafting financial statements.
- Accounting Systems and Controls - The purpose of this unit is to ensure that learners know and understand the role of accounting in an organisation, and why internal controls should be in place. They should also be able to recognise systemic weaknesses where errors or fraud may occur. Learners should be able to evaluate an accounting system, or part of a system, (either based on a real situation or on a given scenario), and be able to make recommendations for improvement.
- Management Accounting: Budgeting - Budgets are an essential tool in planning, coordinating, authorising and cost control. Drafting Budgets requires new skills to create appropriate forecasts and budgets for a wide range of activities and circumstances; to agree the budgets with other functional managers and to monitor results against budget and trigger suitable management interventions.
- Management Accounting: Decision and Control - Learners will have the knowledge to be able to use a range of techniques to analyse information on expenditure. They will be able to make judgements to support decision making, planning and control by managers. Learners will have the skills to collect and analyse information, monitor performance, and present reports to management.
Two of the following options will also be covered - the choice will be based on learner demand so not all of the options will be available:
- Personal Tax
- Cash and Treasury Management
- Business Tax
- Credit Management
- External Audit
To develop more complex accounting knowledge, gain more specialist skills in related areas such as tax.
The opportunity to gain additional skills throughout the course, learning report writing skills.
Chartered status through CIMA.
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility. The Cornwall College Group reserves the right to withdraw any course listed at any time.