This course will benefit you if you are working in the beauty therapy industry and are looking to build on your skills and add to your showcase of achievements, opening more opportunities for employment.
This is a part time course to learn and develop industry skills in make-up application services.
This award is about providing make-up services for a variety of occasions, including day, evening and special occasions. You will need to show you can work with a variety of skin types and conditions. The award covers the application of a wide range of make-up products to different skin tones and age groups. To carry out this award you will need to maintain effective health, safety and hygiene throughout your work. You will also need to maintain your personal appearance and good communication with the client.
On completion of this award you will:
- Be able to use safe and effective working methods when providing make-up services
- Be able to consult, plan and prepare for make-up
- Be able to apply make-up products
- Know how to use client consultation, treatment planning and preparation for make-up services
- Know anatomy and physiology related to make-up
- Know the contra-indications and contra-actions of make-up
- Know how to apply make-up
- Know how to provide aftercare advice for clients following make-up services
Assessment is practical observations, assignment, and a Knowledge and understanding on-line test.
Share this course with someone you know...
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility. The Cornwall College Group reserves the right to withdraw any course listed at any time.