This course is designed to develop your skills in Microsoft Excel. On completion of this unit a candidate should be able to use a range of basic spreadsheet software tools and techniques to produce, present and check spreadsheets. Typical examples may include – a duty rota for staff or a work sheet for keeping track of expenses, which could include tools, formulas and functions involved for example, sum, divide, multiply, take away and fractions. There is the option to get accreditation with City & Guilds with a nationally recognised qualification.
Cost: £200 accredited with City & Guilds or £150 non-accredited.
Benefits to your business:
This course will benefit your business by having staff who are confident in using Microsoft Excel to use a range of basic spreadsheet software tools and techniques to produce, present spreadsheets. On completion of this course the learner should be able to select and use a range of basic spreadsheet software tools and techniques to produce and present spreadsheets. Optional City & Guilds accreditation to qualify your staff with a nationally recognised qualification.
Lear how to:
Use a spreadsheet to enter, edit and organise numerical and other data:
- Identify what numerical and other information is needed and how the spreadsheet should be structured to meet needs
- Enter and edit numerical and other data accurately
- Store and retrieve spreadsheet files effectively, in line with local guidelines and conventions where available
Use appropriate formulas and tools to summarise and display spreadsheet information:
- Identify how to summarise and display the required information
- Use functions and formulas to meet calculation requirements
- Use spreadsheet tools and techniques to summarise and display information
Select and use appropriate tools and techniques to present spreadsheet information effectively:
- Select and use appropriate tools and techniques to format spreadsheet cells, rows and columns
- Identify which chart or graph type to use to display information
- Select and use appropriate tools and techniques to generate, develop and format charts and graphs
- Select and use appropriate page layout to present and print spreadsheet information
- Check information meets needs, using spreadsheet tools and making corrections as necessary
Share this course with someone you know...
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.