This course will help you to understand security compliance considerations, social engineering, malware, and various other data security-related concepts. During this course, you will explore the hazards and pitfalls and learn how to use technology safely and securely. You will identify many of the common risks involved in using conventional end-user technology, as well as ways to use it safely and to protect yourself from those risks. This course designed for you as a non-technical end-user of computers, mobile devices, networks and the Internet, to enable you to use technology more securely to minimize digital risks. There is an optional exam, details given on the course.
This course will ensure your staff have an awareness of technology-related risks and what they can do to protect themselves and their organisation from them.
- Identifying the need for security
- Identifying security compliance requirements
- Recognise social engineering
- Securing devices
- Maintain physical security of devices
- Use passwords for security
- Protect your data
- Identify and mitigate malware
- Use wireless devices securely using the internet
- Securely browse the web safely
- Use email securely
- Use social networking securely
- Use cloud services securely
Moving on, you would go on to our 3 day course covering cyber security in more depth.
Share this course with someone you know...
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.